A-Z Challenge 2014


This post is the Theme Reveal for my A to Z challenge, 2014

 Ok.. Let me take a deep breath....... *taking a deep deep breath

What the heck have I got myself into? And Why?

I started my blogging journey few years ago. Learnt a lot. Some hits and some misses. But here I am today, a damn proud blogger, facing the world, daring it to ignore my words. Those same words which as a girl so many of my friends have said, those same words which many of my friends have mulled over a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Those same words which are often ignored by men just because we are women.

In a land where women are worshipped, I found myself coming across many women who have tales to tell. I smiled sadly and as I waved my motherland goodbye, I bid adieu to those stories, happy in my nutshell that it won't touch me anymore. I was in the Queen's land.. England.

Made friends and heard more stories. Met more women. The myth that the English ladies are better off than us... broke...  I made freinds with more abused women... some fighters and some .......

Travelling across the globe, I landed on the land of promised riches - The USA. A land where everyone lives in the illusion of not bieng a migrant. A land which is so progressive that people are ready to break even the laws just to stay in this country. And in this land some of us don't even have the right to work. We are the H4 Visas. The dependents.

The Flowers .......


Flowers and women - Video Maker

I cannot give them names. For they are the stories of you and me.  I take the name of Rose. As I travel around the globe I meet my kins... not by blood but by just being a woman......  And this is my theme... Each Letter opens a new flower - which spreads the story of a woman- for aren't we all a part of the same Bouquet....?

Comments

  1. Visiting from the theme reveal link list. I love the flowers in the slide show! Sounds like a very nice theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting...and lovely flowers Rubina....so what comes next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully will think of something before 1st April. Thanks a ton for vistiting Reet.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good choice for a theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will be interested to see how you do this theme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome theme Rubina! Your posts will be something to return to again and again!
    Dagny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton Dagny. I hope I don't disappoint you. :)

      Delete
  6. lovely. Look forward to reading. good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nishchala. :) Will be looking forward for yours too.

      Delete
  7. A great theme and I love your theme reveal post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The H4s, yes. But, we are doing good, aren't we? Lovely theme. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are :) Unfortunately some aren't :( Thanks Pooja. But all won't deal with the H4 visa status. :D Will look forward for your thoughts. :)

      Delete
  9. Wow! that is a cool connection...flowers and women. Waiting to read your take :) Good luck dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankie Janaki. I will wait eagerly for your take on the stories... :D

      Delete
  10. Twenty-six stories over twenty-six days. I am already waiting for April 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scary isn;t in Cynthia. But you guys are such great motivators. I saw your blog too. Lovely. :)

      Delete
  11. Looking forward to checking in now and then and seeing what you're writing. Yes. Love this line: We are all part of the same bouquet. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yo Annis. Would love to hear your thoughts on my posts..:)

      Delete
  12. I love your Woman Power concept!
    Yes, I agree that we are all part of the same bouquet...

    My theme is “If Books Could Speak, What Would They Say” and is guaranteed to be LOTS OF FUN! It is interactive, and bloggers are invited to play along!
    See you around on the A to Z circuit!
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm proud to be a woman too!

    Love your theme...

    anna @ Deeply Shallow

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Rubina, this is just lovely. Looking forward to reading your posts. I am surprised that I have recommended it on G+ but have not commented. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great theme, loved your posts so far! Looking forward to read you through April.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment