The Knitted Tales Series


I am pretty excited to announce that I have started working on my Knitted Tales 2. While Knitted Tales dealt with emotions, Knitted Tales 2 will deal with myths and legends. When I say myths, I mean make-believe. How I perceive the Gods and Goddesses and their realms. 

These short stories will deal with the role of women in our ancient culture. Were they respected in our myths? Were they given the statuses of Gods in our global culture? While you will be surprised at my take I am sure many of you would agree.  And many will not. But then, that is life :)

The Goddesses from Greek, Roman, Chinese, Indian are all powerful, but their power stems from their feminism. They had to fight for this power and like it's in our world, it was not easy for them too. Every realm and every culture had one thing in common - the battle of the sexes. While I am very proud and lucky only to know men who have given me only love and friendship - from my father to my father-in-law, from my brother to my son, from my boyfriend to my husband (fortunately both are one and same or I wouldn't have dared to write such a statement even if I am shouting about feminism..hahahhah), I do realize one thing though. To be a strong feminist is not about fighting men, but fighting for what I believe in. 

The Stories I have already written so far:

Atum: The first man when he landed on Earth. Do you get it .. Atum.. atom?

Baal: Falling in love can be dangerous. He was married and the naughty God fell in love with - Rain. So will his wife leave him?

Echo: This is one of the saddest tales I have read so far. Her voice always haunts everyone but there was a day when she lost everything - even her voice. 

Cupid falling in love. This story has been told many times in many different ways. I hope you like my take on this. The poor chap fell in love only to reject his love to save her from his mother's wrath. 

But then me being the weaver of tales do you think I will be happy without the twists and turns? Nope :) So what is the twist in my Knitted Tales 2? That I can only reveal in the pages of my book. 

I am excited and a bit nervous as I have always been about my Knitted Tales series, so do wish me luck. And before I say adieu, here is one hint I can give for my Knitted Tales 3 - Boo!

Comments

  1. All the best with these tales Rubina. The stories are indeed very intriguing and I am waiting to find out more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best , Rubina.

    I love the themes of all the series. I'm sure your readers will be excited to find out more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best, Rubina. I love the gist of the stories so far and the cover looks hauntingly beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound intriguing, Rubina!
    Wish you the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting and here's wishing you all the luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post. Your post information very informative. We provide custom boxes at wholesale rate. You can visit our site and get more information.
    Custom Bakery Boxes Packaging UK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment