A Secret From My Closet

A shameful secret ? 
It was staring at my face. Small and yellow, lying sedately on the counter top. For a moment, I pitied it. The poor thing didn't know what fate awaited him. I can do it – I hardened my heart against it.

This was for my love. I had promised him that it will be done before he got home. Taking a deep breath, I reached out for the knife, my fingers quivering at the very thought of slashing it across the thing. But, it had to be done or I had to face the shame and that I was not ready for. This was my failure and I had to overcome it. How could I blame them for not knowing my past? How could I blame him for accepting me with my past? If my in-laws ever came to know about it, I would be ridiculed. If our friends came to know about it, he would be mocked at. No, certainly not. I will not let my newly found happiness be ruined by my past.

With great determination, I picked up the knife and did not stop to think even once as I slashed it across the thing. A white, curly thing crept out. Everyone wanted this? All the hullabaloo, the waiting was for this? Inside the thing, was another small thing. More brilliant and more forbidding. So I had to slash it too? By now,  the gnawing anticipation had made me reckless. I did not think further, slashed it up and screamed. It was gooey. I kept on staring at the cut up, spread out things in front of me. Now for the final battle was to start. I picked up 'curly' and 'gooey' and immersed them into the water kept in a pan on top of the gas. And I waited.... And waited.... And waited.

One minute, two minutes…

Nothing happened. Everyone had told me that it would be over in two minutes. Feeling furious, I stabbed the knife into the curly things. They sank deeper into oblivion under the brownish  water.
I stood wondering what to do, should I go and bury it somewhere in the garden so that no one ever comes to know about it or should I go out and confess and take responsibility for my actions.

It was just at that moment, God sent me his angel.

My sister-in-law walked into the kitchen, threw me an exasperated look and turned on the knob of the gas. I watched in awe as those curly things, uncurled before me, mated with the floating powders inside the blanket of gooey water and turned into a beautiful plate of Maggie. :P

oh well, it was a new concept then. 



Comments

  1. Till date I am addicted to Maggi, cannot live without it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...I loved the parody.
    What best is that it turned out to be of Maggi Noodles...my fav too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, this is hilarious! :D I'm a huge Maggie noodles fan too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha... Who would have thought it was maggi! Seriously gooey and curly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a cute story :D I love Maggi too! An instant comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha love the drama :D Maggi noodles is certainly the go-to food anytime any way

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inatales - I was thinking so hard as I read the post to get a clue what it was! Finally as I scrolled to the next page, I realized it. It's our own Maggie Aunty, with curly hair.

    Funny and hilarious narrative.!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one was awesome, I was thinking all sorts of dark and scary things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one was awesome, I was thinking all sorts of dark and scary things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment